Kearney Trust Company, known originally as the Kearney Bank, began operation in 1882. The corporation papers were signed June 10, 1882. This was just a few months after our most famous resident; Jesse James, was killed. Since Jesse was dead and his brother Frank James was a shareholder in the bank we never had any problem with the notorious outlaws.
Our first location was on the southwest corner of Washington and Jefferson Streets. In 1976 we built a new building on the opposite corner of the same intersection. In 1993 we moved to our present location at 310 West 92 Highway. Our previous location was sold to the City of Kearney and now serves as the City Hall.
We are proud of our community. Its success has helped our company grow and prosper. Since we are only located in Kearney the welfare of our town and its school district are of utmost importance to us.
Kearney Trust Company is proud of our heritage and the members of our community.
The mission of Kearney Trust Company is to deliver quality financial resources designed to assist with the growth and prosperity of our customers, community, and the staff. We will deliver these resources as an independent, locally owned community bank focused on soundness, profitability and growth.